25 March 2020
How to make an homemade Gourmet Pizza
The friends of La Pizza di Egizio gave us some advice to prepare a pizza with high edges, crunchy on the outside and soft inside and above all of excellent quality and highly digestible.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 500 g of flour type 00
- 300 ml of water at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 8g of fresh brewer’s yeast
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 250g of tomato pulp
- 400g of mozzarella
- Many slices of your favorite Pedrazzoli’s cured meat
- dissolve the yeast in water
- mix flour in a large bowl and start kneading by gradually adding the water in which we have previously dissolved the yeast
- when the dough begins to take shape, add the salt and extra virgin olive oil and start working the dough for about 15/20 minutes
- pull the dough as if it were a tongue, reaching a shape similar to a rectangle and fold it into 4 parts: close the left part first, then the right one, the upper part and finally the lower one.
- the dough will now have the shape of a ball, so turn it over and place it in a floured steel bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough rise for at least 3 hours.
- after the rest time, roll out the dough onto a baking tray sprinkled with extra virgin olive oil, then add the tomato pulp
- preheat the oven in static mode to 250 ° and cook the pizza for 7 to 15 minutes.
- in the last 3/5 minutes of cooking add the mozzarella on the tomato pulp
- when cooked, remove the pizza from the oven and add the slices of your favourite Pedrazzoli’s cured meat!